|Aldi 8″ Memory Foam Mattress in a Box|
Bought the last one at my local Aldi for $169 last night. Queen size.
- Manufacturer is Soft-Tex, brand is Sensorpedic, inside an Aldi St. Cloud box.
- Made in China, which is disappointing, but there are positive reviews on SlickDeals and FatWallet.
- Chemical smell is mild; you have to put your nose up to it to smell anything. Nothing like the Sealy mattresses at Costco that I could smell from 5 feet away. Still, am going to let it air out for a few days.
- Bed hasn’t fully decompressed yet — takes 3-6 days for that depending on room temperature — but seems fairly firm and comfortable so far.
Was amazed to see it at Aldi after almost getting the Spa Sensations mattress at Walmart the same day – at a higher price.
Aldi has a 30-day return policy. Bed has a 20 year warranty. Hopefully won’t need to use either one.
- Box says 8″ height. Actual height is 7.75″ after 6 days of decompression.
- Like most foam mattresses, including Tempur-Pedic, it’s not one solid piece of foam. This one from Aldi is 4.75″ of solid foam topped by 3″ of low-density memory foam.
- Everyone sleeps differently, but for me, this bed took a week to get start getting used to, and a month to fully settle in. Am normally a side-sleeper, and woke up as achy as my previous mattress for the first few nights. If I sleep on my back, it’s fine.
- I don’t know if Aldi still sells these. I used to be able to find the same manufacturer’s mattress on Amazon for $247, but Amazon only seems to stock Sensorpedic’s mattress toppers now.
Any questions? Post in the comments.