If anyone plans to travel in the next 5 years, this card (my referral link) is quite a deal:
- Free TSA PreCheck/Global Entry for 5 years
- 60,000 free miles (at least ~$480 worth of flights)
- 2 lounge passes
- Priority boarding – so you can board before all the overhead space is taken
- 1 free checked bag per flight for both you and a companion
- Primary car rental insurance
- No annual fee for the first year (after which it can be cancelled or you can call their cancellation line and they might give you a second free year)
I rarely get new cards, but couldn’t pass this up. My wife and I recently used it to get through the TSA lines in under 5 minutes. We also used the free checked bags benefit.
I don’t know if this has anything to do with the card, but we got to the baggage claim late, and found United’s baggage claim workers actually guarding our bags and car seats for us.
One last nice thing: United’s miles no longer expire, so you don’t have to worry about that either. What a deal!